Rout About

So I built a new router table. I got the plans from an issue of Shopnotes, and decided to make it with Sandeply due to cost reasons (1/2 birch is not readily available in my area). I made the deluxe version, with stand, drawers and a door. The only problem I came up against was the casework was a bit flimsy out of 1/2 plywood, and I decided to use nails instead of just glue as the plans called for. Then after assembling it, the case was still racking, so I added screws. Voila! It solved the racking issues.

I added extras including miter gauge track, t-track on the fence, I enlarged the bit opening to 2″ from 1 3/8″, added a power switch, and I plan on putting doors on the front of the router cabinet to enclose the router a bit further while in use.

Things still left to do are finishing with shellac (for durable finish), waxing the hardboard top, finding a nice grommet for the router power plug opening, and adding some leveling feet to the lower case.

IMG_3057.JPGIMG_3061.JPGIMG_3060.JPGIMG_3059.JPGIMG_3058.JPG