With the leftover yarn I had from my last hat project, I decided to do a Captain America “A” Hat, modeled from the movie during the WWII scenes. I did a 100 stitch flat knitted hat on #7 metal needles using Dark Horse Fantasy Yarn from Crazy Girl Yarn Shops. With this project, I had to use intarsia, so I got to learn that as well. Once the hat was complete, my wife helped me learn how to seam it up and then finish off the strings left over from the intarsia.
And now presenting, The Captain Hat! Based on the same pattern design as the Harry Potter beanie (see Astromech Companion post), I did a 104 stitch-around-sized hat on #8 wooden needles using Dark Horse Fantasy Yarn from Crazy Girl Yarn Shops. My wife, m0mmacat, had to assist me in the last portion as I’m not that good at doing the decreases and color changes necessary to complete the star pattern. It was modeled from the shield design that Captain America wields.
I think it came out just fine.