Amp6 Basic Portable Enclosure

Woody had enclosed his Amp6 Basic that I soldered for him into a plastic case. After having wood case envy, he asked me if I could make a case for his Amp6 out of wood, that was a bit smaller than mine. So I did. See the pictures for my results. The wood is Anigre and an unidentifed species of wood that I salvaged off a pallet from work. 2 coats of high gloss Tung Oil is the finish.
IMG_4621.JPGIMG_4624.JPGIMG_4632.JPGIMG_4638.JPG

Load Block Project

A co-worker of mine asked if I could make him a glued-up block of hardwood for a specific work application. For my company’s yearly trade show (AAOS), they were demoing the amount of force that is applied to one of our knee products during a knee replacement surgery. The block of wood was to go between the knee joint and the load cell (which measures the amount of force used to insert the joint onto the existing leg bones). I made the block of wood 3 3/8 square and 1 foot long, and it was made with three pieces of anigre glued together with Elmer’s Polyurethane Glue (which is similar to Gorilla Glue). He finished it off by bandsawing the correct shape to fit the knee joint and coated it with a satin spray poly finish.

loadblock_detail.jpgloadblock_setup.jpg