So I built a new router table. I got the plans from an issue of Shopnotes, and decided to make it with Sandeply due to cost reasons (1/2 birch is not readily available in my area). I made the deluxe version, with stand, drawers and a door. The only problem I came up against was the casework was a bit flimsy out of 1/2 plywood, and I decided to use nails instead of just glue as the plans called for. Then after assembling it, the case was still racking, so I added screws. Voila! It solved the racking issues.
I added extras including miter gauge track, t-track on the fence, I enlarged the bit opening to 2″ from 1 3/8″, added a power switch, and I plan on putting doors on the front of the router cabinet to enclose the router a bit further while in use.
Things still left to do are finishing with shellac (for durable finish), waxing the hardboard top, finding a nice grommet for the router power plug opening, and adding some leveling feet to the lower case.
Feb 18th, 2006:
So I’m now working on a birdfeeder. It required shingles on the siding, just like a regular house. Suffice to say, I won’t be doing shingles on my house. After cutting each little piece from a block of nice mahogany, I epoxied them on one by one. More pictures, and maybe some action shots (complete with birdies) coming soon.
Feb 27, 2006:
Birdie Birdie up so high,
Why’d you do that in my eye,
Gee Gosh Thank God that cows can’t fly….
So I finished my bird feeder. What I can’t understand is why they aren’t coming to eat. Don’t they think the lovely mahogany shingles are da bomb? What about the fine cypress and plywood and cedar construction?
It’s For The Birds I guess.
Update February 28th, 2006: WE HAVE BIRDIES! Confirmed birdie sighting!
Feb 16th, 2006:
Here are some pictures of Woody’s project in progress from the workshop of Bushwood.
What is it you ask? Well, you’ll just have to find out…..
Feb 18th, 2006:
So I finished Woody’s speaker “adapters” for his Reference 3A speakers. I tried my hand at a gloss finish, but I’m not very good at spray paint. However, I am happy with the way they turned out. I hope you enjoy them Woody.
I had a chance to work on some new projects over the weekend. Got some nifty stuff done. I made a first shot at a wooden USB key. I took a cheapie USB key I had, and made a wooden “shell” for it. I also made some marking knives with some O-1 tool steel I had obtained from a friend of mine. He works in a prototype shop, and milled the knives for me, and then hardened them to Rockwell RC50. I took them home, and shined them up a bit.
I plan on modding some other USB keys that I have into wooden ones as well.